It is an important question for local residents to ask, why vote Labour in Basildon? Well, in May 2017 the Labour Party took back control of Basildon Council. After 15 years of the Conservatives protecting their own at the expense of the rest of the borough, it was time to level the playing field.
Over the last 9 months your Labour Councillors have been working harder than any other party in the borough. We have managed the Council’s ﬁnances effectively, protected services, cleaned up our forgotten estates, introduced increased enforcement on gypsy and travellers occupying illegal encampments and developments, invested in new play equipment, protected women and girls from domestic violence, built council homes, agreed terms on the regeneration of THREE town centres and passed a local plan that means homes cannot be built without infrastructure.
We’ve achieved so much in such a short amount of time. But there is so much more to do.
Labour in Basildon have five promises for you in 2018:
- We will OPPOSE The Conservative Congestion Charge
- We will KEEP cleaning up in streets, making up for 15 years of neglect from The Conservatives
- Labour will BUILD 600 council houses after building the first council homes in the borough for 25 years
- We will work to REDUCE crime by campaigning to increase levels of policing and increase funding for domestic violence prevention after 8 years of Conservative cutbacks
- We will INVEST in building more nurseries, IMPROVE play equipment in local parks and INCREASE job opportunities for young people.
With your support for Labour on May 3rd, we can finish what we started and make sure Basildon continues to be a brilliant place to live, work and raise a family